Friday, March 27, 2009

My Bachelor

I have a 76 year old bachelor who has no living relatives. He was never married and had no children, his only brother who also was never married and never had children....so therefore when his only brother died in January 2008 he had no more family. Just distant cousins, on to the stage steps me. So Charlie and I have been getting to know each other for a year now. Today Home Care called it seems that he has once again started yelling at them and not co-operating with day program. What to do? Getting old is hard! Having no more relatives except for this 40 year old chicky that they found to look after you is hard. Having a limited income with your health decreasing is hard. Being bored rattling around in your little apartment suite is hard. Having Home care workers come in to tell you when to eat, go to bed, take your pills and give you baths can be humiliating. But we can't be yelling at everyone because life is hard. So I guess I will go and care and love Charlie and try to help the situation where I can. It is no ones fault....just life. And I know that the Home Care workers are wonderful ladies who are kind and giving and I am sure don't get thanked very often. I would love to wave a magical wand and fix all of Charlie's problems and make the Home Care workers lives easier too. But alas my magic wand is broke.

2 comments:

  1. oh I seriously need a magic wand. Immediately if not sooner.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would like to see Charlie happy and at peace with himself, God and the world. He has a hard time. If you hear of any wands for sale let me know, ok?

    ReplyDelete