Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Following is it Worth It???

Well this evening I am feeling overwhelmed by the pain in the world...and I am aware that I was only seeing a very small portion. I moan inside at the struggling, hurting, meanness, pain, and why oh why thoughts. I believe that God is good, it took me most of my adult life to come to believe it...and it is true. But God allows free will, so we humans can choose whatever we want and oh the pain it causes!!! But I also have come to realize that the pain allows growth and sometimes even a change of direction that can be quite wonderful if we let it. And so I will allow the pain in and carry the burden with those who are along the paths God sends me...I will obey. I say this very seriously because I know what this means...I know that it will mean risk, suffering when I don't have to, stopping to help when it is inconvenient and exhausting and loving with my heart wide open whether they deserve it or not...because you tell me which one of us deserves God's love?

This book "crazy love" written by Francis Chan asks would we follow Jesus? "Maybe He would lead you to another country, and you would never see your family again. Or perhaps you would stay put, but He would ask you to spend your time helping people who will never love you back and never show gratitude for what you gave up? Consider this carefully---have you ever done so?"

2 comments:

  1. oh Becky- you ok? My in-laws arrive today and are here until Monday or Tuesday but if you need/want to talk call ANYTIME!!

    And ya, it overwhelms me too.

    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Becky I know I am responsible for some of that pain. But I do want to thank you for being the courageous and compassionate person you are. Talking to you helped, but I'm still struggling.

    ReplyDelete