Monday, June 22, 2009

I Think I Might be a Redneck

Okay for all of you out there in blogland, I live in rural Saskatchewan...and sometimes things just happen. Two separate instances of "you might just be a redneck?" happened today...so I shall share.

The first was when I went walking down my lane to deposit my household garbage in the burning barrel(yes some of you are getting the picture already), who should come driving down my lane but the sewer truck. Now we have a lagoon system for our sewer, so the sewer truck never comes by as we have no need for him. So he stops by me on the road, rolls down his window and I ask who are you looking for cause its not us. Well he says he doesn't know the name of the people, but he was supposed to go past two houses, down the town lagoon road and find a religious fellow with a sewer problem. Well who but a rural redneck goes driving looking for a religious fellow with a sewer problem down a gravel road. I described all the surrounding neighbors and he decided to head down the road a little farther...hope he found the religious fellow?!

Today was my birthday so I got a air-soft pistol in the mail from one of my dear friends, Tara, along with a number of other lovely things. Now this is my second or third gun this year...as I broke the first...actually one of the my children sat on it and broke off the barrel. Anyways my dear husband Jonathan was trying to show me all the guns lovely features like the safety...well apparently the safety was not on because as I leaned over to look at the gun BAMM he shot me in the boob at close range. Well let me tell you that hurts, so my new warning is don't just watch your eyes watch out for your boobs too. The horrified look on Jon's face was so funny it was worth the injury. I walked away laughing.

So today leaves me wondering...am I a redneck?! I don't know?

3 comments:

  1. HE SHOT YOU IN THE BOOB??????!!!!!!

    Good grief.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky,
    I don't get it. What is an air soft pistol??? And how does that make u a redneck? Know what, you are so far from being a redneck that it makes me lol. Keep it away from Jon though!!
    I miss u - hello to the family - I miss their sweet faces too.
    Love, Patricia

    ReplyDelete