Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Its Been a While

I was cleaning out my closet this morning and came across something I wrote three years ago but I think its profound. And I believe it more than I did when I wrote it so I am going to share it. Cause God is healing my mind and emotions with His love and I just think its too wonderful not to share.

One of the greatest pains we as human beings have is of not being accepted, respected or loved, and because it is so painful we fear it. We all long to be loved I think that when I understand God's love for me in my soul this fear of rejection is gone. But in our world God has been misrepresented both in the church and out in the regular run of the mill world, so read my explanation and tell me what you think of it:

God loves us not because we are deserving and worthy, but because He can do nothing else but love us. God is Love. Nothing in us gave rise to His love and nothing in us can extinguish it. When we get this in our soul, the fear of not being loved is an impossible fear, for we are loved no matter what we do or become.

For those of you who need a Bible verse I give you Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

The moment I begin to let God's love in and love the feeling of His love, that is the moment that I begin to love with His love. I love God with the love of God. And I love others with the love of God. God has loved me into loving and into loving with His love.

Once we grasp the fact that God loves us regardless, then that love produces love in return. "We love because He first loved us." 1John 4:19. It is not our love for Him that drives away fear, but His love for us. That love awakens love in us--we begin to love Him and love others. His love generates love in me.

If you think your problem is that you not love God enough then think again, for you have got it the wrong way around. Your problem is that you do not yet know how much delight God takes in you. Love begins and continues in our hearts when we allow His love to strike our heart and create the same degree of love in us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy for you Becky... and of course you are right. As usual ;)

    ReplyDelete