Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Interesting Anecdotes from the Last Few Days

A couple of interesting incidents I thought I'd share from the past week. Yesterday was a run around and do errands day with Jonathan, my husband. One of the appointments we had took us to a neighboring town about a half an hour away from where we live. As we were driving there I saw a young man walking in the opposite direction along the highway carrying nothing but his jacket, I said to God well if he is still walking when we come back I will offer him a ride. Thinking that surely someone else would pick him up...I thought no more about it. Well we were there about two hours, and driving back I see this same young man. I said to Jon, I think we should stop for him, he said he doesn't have his thumb out. I said I know but he was walking a few hours ago and he has no water or anything...and I told God I would stop. Well if you told God you'd stop we'd better, said Jon. So this young man gladly took the ride we offered to our town...even though he still had another half hour drive to the town he wanted to arrive in. He used my cell phone to find a friend that would give him a ride and I gave him some money for a drink and some food. He had started walking at noon and we picked him up at 4:40pm...this young man had walked for almost five hours and had used his thumb until his shoulder was too sore...and no one had offered him a ride. When he had found his friend in the Seven Eleven, he put his hands together in a prayerful posture and did a gentle bow, thanking us with his beautiful brown eyes. God and he left a lasting impression on me and my husband. Our sons are around the age of this young man and I have always hoped that some lovely people would help my sons if they were ever in need.

On the previous Thursday, with God's help I stopped and helped married strangers who were having what looked from a distance a fight in the ditch. I saw the woman running away from the vehicles and a man grabbing at her from behind when a rock flew up in the air. I could not drive by, sorry, I know it seems dangerous but when someone is getting injured I can not ignore it. So I stopped and rolled down my window and asked if there was a problem and could I help? The man proceeded to tell me that they were locked out of their van and their child(3) was inside and his wife was upset and wanted to break the van window and could I calm his wife down while he went with their other vehicle and got keys. So I said sure. Parked my van and approached the van and the upset woman and started talking about what was wrong. She was also worried about her five year old that she was supposed to be picking up, so she used my phone and found out he was okay. Then we just visited until about five or ten minutes later the little boy pressed the unlock button and she had her van back. Just a minute before the little boy pressed unlock I thought to ask God to help him press the button the right way...and suddenly it happened. God cares...in the midst of upsetting situations big or small He cares. And if I do what He asks of me and remember to involve Him in the things I am doing I get to see miracles everyday...and I get to meet some of the wonderful people He created.

1 comment:

  1. don't suppose God has told you to get in your van and drive about 14 hours east until you run into a small town with ME in it? :)

    ReplyDelete